Of all the animals of prey, man is the only sociable one.
Every one of us preys upon his neighbour, and yet we herd together.
The Beggar's Opera: John Gay

Thursday 24 May 2012

The spirit of the age...

"From me you are going to get somebody who will make mistakes, but who will come up the next day with a fresh mind and a fighting spirit and do the same thing again."

(Stephen - The Apprentice, BBC1)

A public sector career surely beckons....
 
Rather busy at present so posts will be sporadic and short for a while

4 comments:

  1. "From me you are going to get somebody who will make mistakes, but who will come up the next day with a fresh mind and a fighting spirit and do the same thing again."

    Yes, I've tried working with them. Not a productive experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof that no-one really listens even to themselves..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AKH, sometimes I think something of the sort is written up over the staff door of every bank, office and shop I deal with.

    Julia, Apprentice candidates seem more prone to this sort of gaffe than most; charitably, I'd put it down to sleep deprivation and the pressures of filming.

    Uncharitably, I'd suggest that that anyone who puts himself forward for what the Urchin calls 'Theatre of Cruelty TV' these days has probably never listened to himself - or the voice of reason - at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even more than doing the same thing again, we go back to the well. Human beings!

    ReplyDelete

Moderation is on as I’m having some technical difficulties with Comments