Of all the animals of prey, man is the only sociable one.
Every one of us preys upon his neighbour, and yet we herd together.
The Beggar's Opera: John Gay

Saturday 9 May 2009

Expenses! - the musical: part 2 - the Things I have Claimed

(Phil Hope MP makes a cameo appearance along with young people from Corby Borough Council’s SHAPE Dance group.)

And now, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Care Services Minister Phil Hope with his big solo number:
The Things I have Claimed

(In the style of Julie Andrews)
Shelving, a sofa, six lamps and a hearthrug,
Wardrobes and bedding, new blinds and a bathplug,
Kitchen utensils too many to name,
These are the items for which I have claimed.

Carpets and curtains, a dining room table,
New doors and tiling, electrical cable,
I can see nothing of which I’m ashamed
Reading the list of the things I have claimed.

Yes, I’m embarrassed, being harassed
By the Telegraph,
But since it’s all mine and you can’t take it back,
It looks like I’ll have the last laugh.

4 comments:

  1. According to the "Observer" today, Caroline Flint got herself a nice frock, quite cheap, and some pink high heels to woo the young voter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should go down well with 'yungpeeple' - when in doubt, have a makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had a look at the 'Observer' hagiography you mention.

    Bit of a Marie Antionette moment, in the current climate - posing for a photoshoot in an outfit worth a cool £250.

    ReplyDelete

Moderation is on as I’m having some technical difficulties with Comments