Mechanic Stephen Parsonage was getting ready for a night out on Sunday when his hair caught fire.Sounds interesting...
He said: “I had just finished hairspraying my hair and decided to have a quick cigarette. As I lit the fag there was a whoosh and the next thing I knew my head was on fire."It is not really a fit subject for amusement, of course; the man is clearly in pain - although not that much pain, apparently:
“I went to A&E and everyone in the waiting room was laughing at me, so I discharged myself. I am really embarrassed."You would have thought a man who uses hairspray on a short-back-and-sides would be immune to embarrassment, wouldn't you? Anyway, it's not as if it's never happened before.
But the 26-year-old father-of-4 (yes, it looks as if those priceless genes have already been passed on) is clear about where the blame lies:
“I had no idea that could even happen. Surely, retailers shouldn’t be able to sell hairspray if this can happen."Expect calls for a mass public awareness campaign any day now.